Monday, April 25, 2011

Narnia, the Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe - The Musical

After months of rehearsals, reciting lines, and singing lyrics the big weekend of shows finally arrived!  If you are unfamiliar with the story, (read the book for sure and then watch the movie) Lucy was the youngest of the four Pevensie children and was the first one to discover Narnia through the back of a wardrobe. Almost 900 years after Aslan created the land, the banished White Witch returns to Narnia and establishes her evil rule. Peter, Susan, Edmund and Lucy arrive through the wardrobe to find a land of Endless Winter. They meet up with talking creatures who have remained faithful followers of Aslan and, apart from Edmund, journey to join up with Aslan to battle against the Witch and her army. As a result of Edmund's treachery, however, nothing less than the death of Aslan is required to set things aright.
 This picture is one of my VERY favorites.  I'm still trying to figure out my new video camera, but I'll add the videos asap.
 Her cast was the “red” cast as both she and the darling girl playing Susan, were red heads.
I love CS Lewis’ Narnia series so it wasn’t hard to quickly love this show. What was especially fun was the great music! The songs had meaningful lyrics matching the storie's themes. The director also did a fantastic job with the costumes.
With a cast of over 60 and ALL the different animals, she did them “on a dime” and in such a creative way.
  It was especially rewarding to see Aubrey grow in a lead role with many lines, songs and a few solos.  Here she is towards the end, in her favorite costume, being crowned "Queen Lucy, the Valiant".
  How blessed we are to have this opportunity for Aubrey (and the rest of us) to enjoy!  It was great too having so many of her cute friends come to be her little "fan club".
   Grandma Bonnie stayed an extra week (am kicking myself I didn't get a picture of the two of them) and also it was nice having Tim and Kimberly, who drove up from Oakland to be here. 

8 comments:

  1. What a joy it was to be in the audiance when that cute little red-head came on stage. I was so impressed with her talent I could hardly contain my tears. Her solo toward the end of the play did, however, make the flood gates open. I couldn't be more proud of you Aubrey. You have such a sweet presence about you and you are such a great example to others. I'm so glad I stayed the extra week to see you proform. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS. The comment above is from Bonnie. Congrats, Aubrey.
    G-pa Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  3. she did such an amazing job! She has come a long way from singing the rubber duckie song in her bathrobe on stage with Emmelyne! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aubrey is so beautiful, what a great opportunity to develop and share her talents!

    I can't wait to hear more about your notes from the retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aubrey, You look so grown up and beautiful. I wish that I could have been there to see the show. I know you did a wonderful job. We are so proud of you and love you so much. Love gma ans gmpa Jensen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Can't wait to see the video! LOVE these pictures! YOU are soooo talented, Aubrey and SOOOO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the pictures of this beautiful actress and singer-Aubrey. Makes me extra sad that I wasn't there in person. Makes me extra excited to watch the video. You have always amazed me with your sweet personality and many, many gifts. WE are thankful that you share them with us. WE are so proud of you and your talents and what a good, hard, dedicated worker you are.Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you did a wonderful job, Aubrey! Congratulations! We are excited to see the video this summer so please remember to bring it with you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails