We do "friend parties" every other year and actually I was quite glad this was a "family party" year. We had a great day together enjoying Andrew and a few of his favorite things. He chose to go see a movie that morning and we were thrilled that Mars Needs Moms opened up the day before. It is a darling story where the "aliens" kidnap moms to take out of their brains the disciplining part of being a parent. However, they soon start to discover LOVE is really what they were missing and needing. My little ones were a little nervous about the mom getting kidnapped and hurt, but overall "two thumbs up". Even Matthew was happy the entire hour and a half! If only I could bring warm popcorn into Sacrament Meeting every Sunday!!
We spent the rest of the day eating his favorite foods, apple cinnamon rolls for breakfast, peanut butter and honey for lunch (yes I'm serious), and homemade chicken noodle soup (how many kids chose that one?) for dinner.
We opening gifts and this was a little painful for Matthew.
Luckily Andrew is a wonderful big brother and let him open a few of his presents.
He was really excited to see his Cub Scout shirt
and a Harry Potter Lego set.
Then Andrew decorated his own cake! Love this idea, may do this every birthday! Ha ha!
I made him a green grass field cake and he used the Harry Potter Quidditch Lego set he got for the top. He had a really fun time planning it out and playing with it and we all loved how it turned out!
Between Narnia practice, a few house projects, lots of rain, and a ward party that night...most importantly we had a great day together celebrating Andrew!!







what a cute Birthday cake. I will need you here on my birthday. It looks like a real fun day. can't wait to see you all. Love GMA
ReplyDeleteWish I could have seen Mars Needs Moms with you. Sounds like it was a fun movie. Great job Andrew on you birthday cake. Looks like you may have found a promising profession (being a baker)! What a great big brother....our little ones just don't understand that their birthdays aren't every day! Happy Birthday, once again! Love to all!
ReplyDeleteAndrew your cake was one of a kind. It looked awesome. Hope you had a great birthday and congrats on your baptism. Love ya! Uncle Nathan
ReplyDeleteOH MY GOODNESS! You have a beautiful family...I love your blog! =)
ReplyDelete