I love January, OK it's not my very favorite month of the year, but it still has some unique qualities.
Coming off of a wonderful, spiritual Christmas season I feel grateful for all I've been given and ready to accomplish so much more. Yes, the weather is a little greyer and cooler, but it's such a great time to get a jump start on what I want to accomplish in my own personal life and for my family. I'm not sure if I will post my 2011 goals or not, but I'm excited! A few miscellaneous things we've been up to:
Although not my favorite field trip I couldn't send TWO five year olds without me for their first time on the ice. They did great! Katelyn had a great time just hugging her buckets. Megan quickly ditched her buckets and took off without them.
Another reason why we ALL hope Tyler someday (soon) gets Lasik eye-surgery, he added the eggs (including some large shell pieces) to our German oven pancake Sunday morning. Can you tell it was 6 AM and he didn't have his contacts in? And this wasn't the only egg shell. The kids just wanted me to get a picture of it to show Tyler, who was already at church!
Andrew's measuring project turned into a "family project" with him choosing Matthew as his at home item. I think most kid's choose their dining room table. Anyway, he did a darling job measuring with standard measurements and also non-standard items including a water bottle,a king-sized pillow, apples, and how many hugs around. Matthew wasn't too sure what to think of the entire process, but he sure made for a cute model.
Tyler continues his world-wide time zone schedule at work including starting some days at 5:00 a.m. If Matthew wakes up early and I'm at the gym he just plays around his dad. This particular day Matthew had his measuring tape out to "build" his dad's laptop. Tyler's such a great sport!








W0w. I wish that when I went to school they had such fun things to do, You are have to be the cutest girls on the ice. Andrew that was such a great idea, and you did such a good job. Love you all, GMA
ReplyDeleteHow fun for the girls! I don't remember going on such fun field trips when I was in school. In fact, most of our field trips were educational if we went on any at all. Like to museums or symphonies etc. I bet Andrews teacher is happy to have him in her class. He's one to do an assignment not of the ordinary. Way to go Andrew, what a great way to learn measurements. Has anyone notified Matthew for a modeling job. What a cutie!
ReplyDeleteLove to all!
SOOOOO FUN! What GREAT memories!!! Loved the measurement assignment! I would have given you an A++++++++++ Andrew! GIRLS, I am impressed with your courage! Cute pictures!!!
ReplyDelete