It was a wonderful Christmas day at home where I felt like my family was in our own little "cocoon" from the rest of the world. We didn't leave our house and the phone only rang with wishes from family members. We played all day with new toys and enjoyed new books and enjoyed some naps too. As always, with young children, our morning started early at 6:30. The kids were so excited to run out and get busy opening gifts, just check out Aubrey's face in this picture.
I was proud of them though that after a special Primary sharing time on Sunday they remembered to "Pause to pray on Christmas Day". How grateful I am for that. We have wonderful people surrounding us and many blessings to be grateful for.
Traditionally we wrap all the gifts, unless it's a new bike, so this year it was fun to have a bike under (more like in front of) the tree for Andrew. This was his face when he saw it!!
Oh how I LOVE a good surprise!!
The girls were super happy to see they got something on their Christmas Wish List, music boxes, complete with the little twirling ballerina inside. We heard the song those boxes sing a lot Christmas day!
Matthew enjoyed the morning and opening gifts, but really once he came across his "cho-cho train" he was done for the day. He was happy as could be and completely content the rest of the day playing with it.
I love the special moments when the kids are even as excited for each other. Here the girls are checking out Megan's new jewelry box, all the neat drawers and compartments.
My favorite moments are the ones of appreciation. I captured this HUGE thank you hug because of the pink reading light Andrew got Aubrey.
This year one of my projects during my girls weekend at Lake Tahoe was making my mother-in-law a 12x12 book with favorite family photos to the words of the Family Proclamation. I was so happy with how it turned out and she loved it.
We took our annual family snapshot on Christmas morning.
Here's the damage:
After opening gifts we enjoyed our yummy breakfast that Bonnie and I had made the night before. Tyler's family has a yummy tradition of sticky buns Christmas morning and to balance the sweetness with some protein I make a yummy breakfast casserole and pop both in the oven as soon as we wake up. Then we opened our stockings.
Although I don't have a photo, I found one of my favorite gifts in my stocking, a few hours at a spa complete with massage and facial. Boy do I love that Mr. Clause!!
Aubrey found a Justice gift card among a few of her goodies.
After a nice nap we enjoyed a wonderful Christmas dinner complete with ham, funeral potatoes, yams, homemade rolls, and sparkling cider. It was a great day!!














what a perfect christmas day!
ReplyDelete....and a great Christmas to remember. I enjoyed every last minute of being with you. Thanks for the memories! Love to all!
ReplyDelete