Thursday, September 30, 2010

Our morning

I was headed to the gym at 5:40 and Tyler was up early for a work conference call, when I heard my neighbor's dogs barking.  Since my car was parked in the driveway and he was up working, I asked Tyler to watch me walk to the car.  As we opened the front door we saw a guy standing at our driver's side looking in our car.  Tyler immediately headed out towards him asking him, "Hey, what are you doing?"  He replied that he was lost and Tyler said, "ya right it's five forty five in the morning and you're at the back of a culd e sac.  What are you doing looking in my car?"  I thought for sure this guy would run at some point, but when he didn't after one minute I called the police.  Tyler did a great job stalling the guy pretending to think of the best way to get him to where he thought he wanted to go (before he got "lost" in our Court) until the police got here.  They  questioned him, found a bunch of change/coins and cell phones in his pockets. He probably was walking around looking in cars, getting in to get whatever he could find (all he saw in mine were car seats!).  We gave our statement to the police and they were hoping that people would call and report something in the area stolen so they could take him in.  At about 6:45 they ended up hand-cuffing the guy and taking him in for the marijuana in his shoe. 
It was eventful, but I'm glad we're safe.

Now here's my cute brother-in-law, Brandon's version:

IN MY IMAGINATION:
After some effort, I was able to find the transcripted dispatcher report from this mornings incident.  The following is a segment from that conversation.
Rachelle:  (frantically calls 9-1-1) come on Judy pick up, pick up. 
Dispatcher:  9-1-1 emergency. 
Rachelle:  Hello, Judy, how are you?  It's Rachelle.
Dispatcher:  Oh, hi Rachelle.  Good how are you?  What are you doing up at this time in the morning?  Is your husband out of town and you are hearing sounds again?
Rachelle:  No, no.  Listen.  There's some guy standing next to my car saying that he is lost.  But Tyler doesn't believe him.  I think he's trying to blow up my car!  Can you please send the SWAT team immediately?
Dispatcher:  Let me give a call out to see if anyone is in the area to swing by and check things out.  Please stay on the line.
Dispatcher: Pssshhhhh.  Breaker 1 niner, breaker 1 niner.  We have a possible burglury over at XYZ Court.  Over.
Officer: Oh, you mean where Rachelle's family lives?
Dispatcher: Uh, yes sir, that is who is on the phone with me now.  How did you know?
Officer: Oh we all know Rachelle down at HQ.  She is one of our regulars.  In fact we were just there last week.    
Rachelle (still on conference):  Hello Officer Gray.  How's your family?  : ) 

Ya, some of you may know I've called the police A TIME OR TWO.  I swear we aren't on a first name basis down there!  Anyway, love Brandon's sense of humor!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails