We have had so much fun again this summer working on our summer journals.
I start with an inexpensive composition notebook that they "mod podge" and decorate the front of. Then throughout the summer I print out some of my kids favorite photographs. Katelyn and Megan paste them in with gobs of glue and draw pictures around them, with a few words too.
Occasionally I add a few words of my own.
It's great for Aubrey and Andrew too because the writing practice is a good summer activity, keeps their brains "alive and well". What I like best is at the end of the summer when we all look back and see all the fun memories they made together.
I start with an inexpensive composition notebook that they "mod podge" and decorate the front of. Then throughout the summer I print out some of my kids favorite photographs. Katelyn and Megan paste them in with gobs of glue and draw pictures around them, with a few words too.
Occasionally I add a few words of my own.
It's great for Aubrey and Andrew too because the writing practice is a good summer activity, keeps their brains "alive and well". What I like best is at the end of the summer when we all look back and see all the fun memories they made together.



I love this! We did summer journals a few years ago, I'll have to do it again next year...
ReplyDeleteI love this idea. Maybe that's the teacher in me talking, but I think it is great. I will definitely be putting this into the memory bank.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great way for the kids to remember their past. Even though it's not that much in the past! They will look back on it fondly a number of years from now.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE this. I pretty much love everything you do and think that you are a SUPER MOM. I want to start this tradition.
ReplyDelete