Friday, June 18, 2010

If only

If only I could just freeze time. 
I am so enjoying my kid's ages.  
Matthew at 20 months takes the cake though.
He is so fun right now.  I love that his first response to everything is "no".  EVERYTHING.  My kids now interpret for friends, extended family, neighbors, and babysitters, "Oh Matthew's no means yes".  When I realize he really DOES mean yes, and I say (nodding) "you mean yes"?  He replies, "Yep".  It's awesome!  I love that he tries so hard to repeat every last word said, most of which aren't great pronunciations, but A for effort.  He loves, loves, loves his older brother and sisters.  He follows them around all day and actually thinks he a big kid like them.  He grabs them by the finger and leads them around the house getting help with whatever he needs.  He loves piggy back rides and the other kids all love giving them. He wants "up" to be held and then crosses and folds his little legs up when you try to put him down.  My lips still sink into his cheeks with my kisses.  After a full day of "run" (following kids everywhere and just yelling "run" the entire time), he will hold still while I sing "Skidamarink a dinky dink" twice a day and rub my face and look into my eyes.
I love the absolute JOY babies bring into a family! 
 

4 comments:

  1. What a great post!!! I love his feet in that photo! He is a beautiful boy, as are all your children!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true! I am truly enjoying my little guy as well. Pure joy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is like a little mini Tyler!

    ReplyDelete
  4. couldn't ask for a better child to be loved. He is a delight and I too love kissing those cheeks. Give him a big one for me!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails