Today Aubrey got to have lunch with her school principal, Mrs. S.. Once a month the principal chooses a student that exemplifies the school’s core virtues by their attitude and behavior and this month she chose Aubrey. Mrs. S. asked Aubrey what she wanted for lunch and Aubrey told her that her mom said she would either need to bring her lunch (like she does everyday) or could get hot lunch. Mrs. S. insisted that this lunch was her treat and she could choose any nearby restaurant. Aubrey was thrilled and choose Panda Express. They ordered orange chicken, fried rice, and egg rolls. Aubrey said they had a nice conversation and found they had a lot in common, including that they both like Chinese food and spending time with their families. Aubrey also said that she tried to ask questions, but Mrs. S. was really fast at asking first. She did manage to ask a few including what Mrs. S. enjoyed doing with her family and what her summer plans were. I am sure this was a lunch that both of them will remember.
Friday, May 21, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Nice job Aubrey! So fun to see a bunch of new posts and catch up. Wish we were there...
ReplyDeleteCongratulations, Aubrey! We are so proud of you. I only got to go to the Principal's office when I was in trouble.
ReplyDeleteGrandpa Kerry
Way to go Aubrey! There aren't too many 9 year olds who could carry on a meaningful conversation. What a treat to find that you had so much in common. I am so proud of you. I love you more than words could ever express.
ReplyDeleteGrandma