Really there's nothing quite like it. I've always enjoyed getting the mail. I grew up in a house where the mail drop was by the front door and dropped into the coat closet. We could hear it drop and then it was a race to get to it first. As kids I'm not sure what we were hoping to find, but still it was a race.
I love getting a personal note. A card, a letter in the mailbox, just waiting for you. If there's something from Grandma in the mailbox, my kids are ecstatic, squealing the entire way home, practically ripping into it as we pull up the driveway and into the garage. That's how I feel when I have something in the mail for me- ripping into it right away. Most of the time, the card causes me to smile, feel remembered, and makes my day.
With almost all of my scrap booking going to digital books, I enjoy a good paper craft once in a while. In addition to the fact that my card supply has dwindled quite a bit, I decided to host a card exchange. After doing this a few times, I've discovered 10 women, 20 cards is the optimal number. Combine this with talented women, darling cards, yummy dessert, and good conversation...it was a great night.
I made 20 of these:
I got 20 of these:
Saturday, February 27, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



These are sooo cute! Thanks for sharing your great ideas. I'm in the same boat with my scrapbook supplies after going to slideshows/blurb books.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! I too am doing the digital thing and I find that I don't have an excuse not to do it now :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so sad I missed that! It would have been fun. I guess I'll have to host one of those myself once we move. That will be a great way to meet people in our new ward.
ReplyDeletewow. those are super cute cards! fun too!
ReplyDeleteThose cards are darling! I especially love yours. :)
ReplyDelete