Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A perfect day


Kids were out of school (all week for us due to district furloughs), Tyler was off work, the weather was an beautiful sunny, 70 degrees out and we were off doing one of our favorite family things, hiking. We went to Hidden Falls (here's the link and info if your local and interested) up a little past Auburn. It's a small 2.7 mile hike that ends at a pretty waterfall, with a lot of water right now.  Occasionally we would pass (or be passed) by another group, a few with dogs, and several times by horseback riders, which my kids loved.  The kids did awesome (meaning minimal complaining) and Matthew was a trooper considering he survived without a morning nap, walked quite a bit, and fell asleep promptly two minutes after we got into the car.

8 comments:

  1. HOW FUN!!! What a great adventure! Love the pics! :) Wish I was there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun. WIsh I would have known about that great place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That does sound like the perfect day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds awesome! You have a beautiful family. I really appreciate your kind comments on my blog, and I am sorry I had to erase the last one. I try not to use the actual names of my family on there since it is a public blog. Please don't feel bad, and please continue to comment. Especially about my husbands pictures, he loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Rachelle! This is Jessica Ralston (Susan's daughter) from Rocklin :)

    How are you doing? I have been meaning to catch up with you and find you on facebook. Your family is so adorable and the pictures here are priceless. (I have to mention that you look amazing too!)

    How is life? Where are you living currently? We are in Seattle near my husbands family. I added you on facebook, Id love to chat with you sometime!

    Hope all is well-

    Hugs,

    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now I have weather envy. Great photos, as usual.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I thought Megan was missing in the upper left picture, but then I saw her peeking out next to Andrew.
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like something that we are going to have to try out soon. This one does not have the treacherous 30 minute drive down into the valley on a very bumpy, twisty turny road does it? Wish we could have with you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails