If you would have told me last week I would be having dinner with Jasmine Star, I would have never believed you. Or maybe I would have thought you were crazy. After all, Jasmine lives in Orange County, she is very busy, (shooting weddings, speaking engagements, putting on workshops, and spending lots of time with her husband, JD and dog, Polo), and why would she be coming to Nor Cal? And how do I know all of this? Well, I have been reading Jasmine's blog for over 2 years, almost daily. She is an amazing writer and super personal, so it won't take long before you too feel like you know her!!
She was here in Sacramento last night for a speaking engagement with PPSV (Professional Photographers of Sacramento Valley) and after I got the email that she was coming I was so excited!! Of course, this was a meeting that I wasn't going to miss. Then I kept reading to see that there were a small number of photographers that would be able to go to dinner with her, well of course I called and YAHOO! I've been looking forward to it ever since. We had a nice dinner as we tried to balance picking her brain and letting her eat her tortilla soup. She is everything I imagined and exactly as she portrays herself to be. On top of being SUPER TALENTED (was voted Top 10 Wedding Photographer 2009, check out some of her pics, you won't be disappointed, in fact you'll be touched), she is engaging, sincere, humble, confident, and beautiful. She really "gets it". She is kind, helpful, giving, and generous. She gave a fantastic presentation and was such a pleasure to meet!!
Thursday, November 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I'm so glad you had a good time! You will have to give me all the details later.
ReplyDeleteTHAT IS SO AWESOME!!! I LOVE blogging! It is so great how we can get to know (and learn from) perfect strangers by reading their blogs. I love it! GLAD you had so much fun! Cool experience! Love ya LOTS!!!
ReplyDelete