Tuesday, October 6, 2009

One I look up to

I am the oldest of five kids, three boys and two girls and although I am so grateful for my
three brothers, I was blessed to have a sister.

We are twenty-one months apart and have always been close.  We had those years as little girls sharing our room with the Holly Hobbie wallpaper.  I probably wasn't the nicest sister, always taping off my side of the room, unhappy to get her "hand-me-downs" (as if it were her fault she has always been taller than me), and not allowing her to like the same things I did, but even then, as a little girl, she was the sweet one.  I have always been a "chicken", "nervous Nelly", whatever you want to call me at night.  My sister would let me slide down the wall from the top bunk, scoot into bed with her and sleep soundly.  One time I even kicked her out of the bottom bunk, onto the floor, and threw up on her...yahh that probably belongs in a different post, but seriously she still loves me! 

She came to visit us this weekend and we had the best time!  We laughed so hard we couldn't breath, we stayed up so late we couldn't keep our eyes open, and we cried together when she had to go.  She happened to be here for family pictures.  Yah, bummer for her to have to play the role of "master entertainer" behind my super talented, but very pregnant, photographer.  She did awesome!! It worked out great because we got a few pictures of the two of us together.  She is amazing, I LOVE her!!
 

10 comments:

  1. Cute cute pics. Can't wait to be with you and spend some time with all of you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your template and heading, very simple and so cute. Thanks for sharing your new blog. I'll be happy to keep up with your family. Thank goodness fall is finally here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I remember all those memories! I would like to think I am the 3rd sister :)
    Sliding down the side of the bunks was the best!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the new blog! Too cute. I'm happy your sister was able to make it after all. Looks like you guys had a great time. Sisters really are the best.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOve the pictures and the new blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute blog...you did an amazing job!! Do you want to do a new one for me too?? Love it! ~fara

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE YOU TOO!!!!!!! I think the world of you and appreciate you and your amazing example! THANKS for being my sister and my friend! I LOVE and MISS you..wish we lived closer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the new blog. Sisters are one of the Lords greatest blessings. My older sister is one of my very best friends. Everyone should have a sister!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your blog looks like it is straight out of a catalogue.. SO beautiful. Thanks for sharing your sister. I am still laughing at the thought of your sliding down the wall to get to her bunk.
    And may I also say, yeah for nip-in-the-air!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pics. can't wait to get your xmas card this year! love the new blog too.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails