Monday, October 24, 2016

The best Sacrament Meeting of the year

Our Primary kids today.  Oh how I miss serving there! 
There is no place like Primary where the children and the music are so sweet.
Today was the Primary Program and it's the last year for Katelyn and Megan as next year they will be moving up to Young Womens.  They both had their parts memorized and also sang with the girls their age a sweet song written by the daughter of one of the counselors in Primary, Sister Byers. They did a great job!

Matthew was the only child asked to give a talk for the Primary program.  He did an amazing job sharing his sweet testimony and thoughts about the Holy Ghost.  He had to stop twice and rub his eyes which caused some giggles from the crowd.  Several people came up to me and commented on what a good job he did and what a special boy he is. 
Here is his talk: 
Two weeks ago I was baptized and confirmed a member of the church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  In addition, I was given a great gift.  The gift of the Holy Ghost.  If I am worthy and doing my best I can have the third member of the Godhead as my companion. 
The Holy Ghost does many things.  He witnesses, comforts, guides, warns, protects, teaches, sanctifies and reminds.  I want to talk about two of these things. 
First, the Holy Ghost COMFORTS.  Sad and hard things will happen to all of us.  At times we will all feel scared, lonely or unhappy, but our Heavenly Father sent us the gift of the Holy Ghost to help us get through these times and feel comforted.  I know there will be times I will need this blessing and all I have to do is ask Heavenly Father.
Second, the Holy Ghost testifies and teaches.  The Holy Ghost helps you gain a testimony of important things.  I know this is true because when my Primary teacher or my mom or Dad bears their testimony I feel warm and happy inside.  The Holy Ghost can help us understand scriptures or gospel principles.  He can also remind us of things we have already learned.  He speaks to our mind and heart to help us. In Moroni chapter 10, verse 5, we learn by the power of the Holy Ghost, we may know the truth of all things.   
You may remember earlier this month I shared my testimony and I said these are the things I know to be true.  I know these things because I feel it is right in my heart from the feelings I get from the Holy Ghost.  I hope I can always be worthy to have the Holy Ghost with me to comfort, guide, and teach me.  In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen

1 comment:

Related Posts with Thumbnails