Monday, August 31, 2015

Wishing I could freeze time

There was nothing especially magical about yesterday.
Nothing major. Nothing really exciting at all.
 I didn't have my usual 7 am ward council meeting and got 9 hours of sleep!
We didn't have a fireside in the evening.
We hadn't invited anyone over for dinner or family night.
It was just a perfect, low-key Sunday!
My very favorite day of the week!!!
I got to go to choir practice with Aubrey, which I love because singing and learning more about these hymns (who wrote them, the meaning behind and the way they have touched others) brings me such joy!  We are doing one of my favorites, "More Holiness Give Me."  I love the song and the MORE of the important things in life that he reminds me I need.  I loved studying this talk this morning when Bishop Burton talked about what it means to him and how it helps us personally, in our adversity, and also anchoring us to our Savior.
And since I wasn't tired I didn't lose any of my day napping.  I got a lot of great "things" done.  Important ones like hanging out with my family.  Working on Duty to God with Andrew, Personal progress with Aubrey, making a healthy dinner, talking to grandparents on the phone, calendaring, a family walk, and family home evening!  
I grabbed my camera for our walk and got these new favorites!
Then it was Megan's turn for family home evening and as usual it was amazing.
After her well planned lesson on Putting God First she had us play a game where we each wrote good and bad choices on little pieces of paper and put them in a bowl.  We then got to take one step closer to (the taped up picture of) Christ as we read a good choice or one step back as we read a bad choice.  It was awesome and I was so impressed with some of the choices they listed (and Matthew's spelling:).
This picture could represent Matthew's spelling:)
 Dad won the game!
And although I don't have any pics of the games they had planned (too busy playing minute to win it style races filling water bottles, balloon toss, etc), they announced the activity portion with this handy microphone Matthew had made out of a plastic tube and funnel.  That kid is constantly into my "stuff" making contraptions!!:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails