Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Upper Clementine (and a few Craig's List thoughts)

I have a love/hate relationship with Craig's list. 
 Hate because of the crazy people that may or may not return your calls, may or may not show up
 and love because OCCASIONALLY you find something fabulous!!
Like Friday.
I have looked on and off the last few years for a stand up paddle board with no luck.  
Mostly they have been too fancy and expensive for what we wanted.
On Thursday some friends had invited us to go with their family to the lake 
and among their water toys they have two paddle boards.
We too LOVE to paddle board, especially because the 4 and almost 40 year old can all enjoy it!
I called to rent one from our local sporting good store and planned to do that on Friday evening.
However, Friday morning I thought I'll take one more quick look on Craig's List.
A "hail mary" if you will.
And what did I find...?
A brand new, still in the plastic wrap, ten feet, six inch long, steal of a deal paddle board!
It was worth every penney...and picking it up late Friday night, an hour away, in a scary (as in force myself to get out of the car so but hide my wedding ring in the car just in case they murder us) part of Fairfield, 
and ride home with the paddle board inside our van and my head squished against the window.
It was worth it.
The fun is apparent in these photos!
 
 
Since our new board is SO long, all seven of us can fit!
I am so blessed!  I love this cute family of mine!!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, what a find! Looks like so much fun. I kind of like that cute family of yours too! Love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of our favorite toys as well. We got ours a couple of years ago and paddling early morning at Bear Lake is one of my favorite things to do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too bad I have such a fear of water. My experience a couple of times on a paddle board this summer didn't exactly evoke smiles on the faces of those around me. (Including my own!) That last photo should be blown up and framed. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOW FUN! Love it! CAN I COME? That thang is LONG!!!!!! Have fun! Be safe! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails