It had been 20 years since I had been to girl's camp and OH, what fun!
Since I have almost 900 photos I am going to try to just share a few, but not chronologically.
First, I went as the Stake Craft Director with these fabulous assistants, Sara, Kristi, and Sondra.
We had spent months planning, making samples, buying supplies, cutting
and bagging fabric, sanding wood, drilling holes, and getting ready
for the week. Here's the crafts we did:
We had a great time working together, they are wonderful women AND helpers!!
We had a great time working together, they are wonderful women AND helpers!!
I also spent my birthday at camp. I was so grateful to get cellular reception and hear from my younger kids and family at home, plus receive many texts and Facebook wishes. They said Grandpa Bonnie who was staying with them, still made a cake for them in my honor! My craft friends had decorated my bed and also my sister had sent some decorations with Aubrey. Although I don't have photos of everything, a few friends had individually remembered before hand and brought up to camp Junior Mints, yummy pumpkin seeds, a should heating wrap, and this darling candy bar cake (from my friend Rebecca). It made my day so special!
I wore my birthday crown from my sister's package and Sara curled my hair,
because every girl deserves to look cute on their birthday right? Even if we were camping!
And all day the girls and leaders wished me a great day.
I shared my birthday with our dear family friend, Dave Hodgson. We got sung to A LOT!!
Being there and spending time with Aubrey was the BEST part of my week for sure. Because I wasn't with her and the ward girls I wasn't with her 24/7, but just enough to be there for her. I was able to watch her stretch and try new things like climbing crates and the polar bear swim, be a shoulder to cry on as exhaustion and "girl drama" happened, and also visits to the craft shack for extra tootsie rolls!
Here is the Rocklin 1st ward group, we are by far the biggest.
Watching Aubrey do the "polar bear swim" made me so proud!
These girls get up at the crack of dawn (after being up way to late) to jump into a FREEZING cold pond.
Running in seems to help because even the air is cold.
The last day they go off a small zip line, mostly squealing.
Between my craft assignment, I got to enjoy some of the fun activities!
It was my first time on a zip line. You may have heard me scream in Sacramento!
The big swing was my favorite, just enough of a drop to make your stomach drop.
Here are the awesome Stake leaders that put in SO much time and effort to make girls camp a HUGE success.
It was a wonderful, exhausting, spiritual week.
So glad I was able to go with Aubrey.
because every girl deserves to look cute on their birthday right? Even if we were camping!
And all day the girls and leaders wished me a great day.
I shared my birthday with our dear family friend, Dave Hodgson. We got sung to A LOT!!
Being there and spending time with Aubrey was the BEST part of my week for sure. Because I wasn't with her and the ward girls I wasn't with her 24/7, but just enough to be there for her. I was able to watch her stretch and try new things like climbing crates and the polar bear swim, be a shoulder to cry on as exhaustion and "girl drama" happened, and also visits to the craft shack for extra tootsie rolls!
Here is the Rocklin 1st ward group, we are by far the biggest.
Watching Aubrey do the "polar bear swim" made me so proud!
These girls get up at the crack of dawn (after being up way to late) to jump into a FREEZING cold pond.
Running in seems to help because even the air is cold.
The last day they go off a small zip line, mostly squealing.
Between my craft assignment, I got to enjoy some of the fun activities!
It was my first time on a zip line. You may have heard me scream in Sacramento!
The big swing was my favorite, just enough of a drop to make your stomach drop.
Here are the awesome Stake leaders that put in SO much time and effort to make girls camp a HUGE success.
It was a wonderful, exhausting, spiritual week.
So glad I was able to go with Aubrey.















No comments:
Post a Comment