Saturday, January 26, 2013

An unfair share

Megan has had what seems to be an unfair share of stitches and now staples.  
She has had a root canal, a broken arm, stitches from her chin splitting open, plastic surgery to remove a birth mark on her ear in November, and today...three staples in her head!  

Tyler and I were in the bonus room looking at some pictures to hang on the wall and she was doing cartwheels and round offs around us.  One of them landed her on the corner of an end table.  She started to cry, but Tyler looked at her head and snuggled her up with hugs and kisses and I thought she was fine.  About ten minutes later I said to Tyler, she must still be hurting because I think she is still crying downstairs.    When I picked her up I was shocked to see a large amount of blood covering her head.  

After taking a look we could tell it was small, but deep.  We called my brother, (an ER resident), and getting his advice/opinion we ran her by a friend who (a dentist who is much less squeamish than I am) pulled it open to see yes indeed it was deep, enough he could see her skull.  So we took her in and she did amazing!  
She was very brave as she got three staples.

The main reason for me sharing this (besides my blog serving as our family journal) is to share how SWEET Katelyn was through the entire thing.  Megan had to hold her would with one hand and Katelyn helped her get dressed, pack a snack for the hospital, and just held her while she cried when we told her that we would have to go in and she may have to get stitches.  While Megan was gone she decorated her bed with her favorite American Girl dolls, made a grand entrance leading to it with stuffed animals, and this darling (complete with 3-D, water colored butterflies) card.
The bond and love between sisters, between twins, and between friends
 is something I never grow tired of witnessing.

4 comments:

  1. So sweet of Katelyn and so sad for Megan. Kara and Megan can empathize with each other next time they talk because she is our girl who has more than her fair share. Give Megan a big hug for us and tell her we love her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are so sorry you got hurt, We love you so much. You are a brave little girl.Aamd when you see someone who has a bobo, you will understand and know just what to say to them and make them feel better. Love to a sweat sweat girl. GMA and Gmpa Jensen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's hope this is the end of her injuries. So sorry to hear that Megan was hurt once again. Hope she is feeling better. I absolutely love the compassion these two girls show each other. I got tears in my eyes when I read "I'm always happy to flutter around with you". How simply said but soooooooo meaningful. It's apparent how much they love each other. How lucky for them that their best friend is their sister. Thanks again Megan for being so brave. You are a great example to me. Hugs and kisses to all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails