* This is a really long post so if you just want a quick peek at the before and current photo, scroll to the bottom.
For the last few years we have been looking for a new home for our family.
For the last few years we have been looking for a new home for our family.
We had outgrown our current one, but were casually looking off and on.
We were determined to find one in the perfect area, in our price range, perfect for our family.
One day while at an open house in the area we really liked, a girlfriend and I followed a sign for another open house around the corner. As we started to pull in, I started to say..."oh boy, this may be dangerous. This is the neighborhood we really want to live in. Oh wow, this is one of the two cul-de-sacs we LOVE!"
As it turns out, my realtor's emails hadn't flagged this one because it was out of our price range.
A bank owned home, still priced too high at the time. We walked through and I immediately fell in love. Well (long story short and to spare you a few of the details) a rejected offer, in and out of escrow with a different buyer, price drop once, price drop twice, many offers in, counters to all, our final offer in...our offer was accepted August 21st!!
We quickly got our home ready to sell and counted our many blessings in sold quickly (here).
Our new home closed, we rented back for a month our existing home and moved in the end of October.
We quickly got our home ready to sell and counted our many blessings in sold quickly (here).
Our new home closed, we rented back for a month our existing home and moved in the end of October.
This is what the downstairs looked like when we bought it.
Entryway with the half bath, office, guest bedroom and bathroom off from here :
Entryway with the half bath, office, guest bedroom and bathroom off from here :
The formal living and dining room:
Then turn around to the kitchen and family room:
Then we began MANY projects, some with our own sweat and tears, others we hired out.
To name a few...
the tile was ripped out (all 675 of them)
every square inch of carpet came up
(and the 500, 000 staples holding it down-thanks so some dear friends for joining us for a staple pulling date long into the night)
The granite tile counter-tops were demolished, including the island "pony bar".
The granite was installed.
(The granite was so hard to choose, and so we were thrilled when we found these beautiful 3cm slabs)
I knew the first time I saw this that this wall would have to go.
I was so happy to hear it wasn't load bearing and it could go!!
Details all along the way, adding more can lights, moving light switches, drywall repair, etc. etc.
The cabinets were sanded and painted (nine coats in total) and turned out amazing!
The cabinet guy built me a cabinet from a pinterest picture I showed him for over my desk,
added beautiful "under cabinet" lighting, and I love it!!
A fabulous painter painted the entire house, what a huge job that was!
But paint makes SUCH a difference.
We love our color, Sherwin Williams Accessible Beige.
Of course, then the sinks, faucets, plumbing, appliances, etc. etc.
Here was the kitchen the day we moved in.
That was Saturday.
Monday the flooring installation began...
Loving it!
And now with all the appliances in, knobs on, but still missing our back splash, hanging island lights, and a few other details...here is my kitchen today (December 4th).
I love how it turned out!
Moving day (so grateful to Tyler's parents, my sister, and wonderful friends for their AMAZING help)
and upstairs before and after pics...still to come!
One last look (via camera phone)
Then turn around to the kitchen and family room:
Then we began MANY projects, some with our own sweat and tears, others we hired out.
To name a few...
the tile was ripped out (all 675 of them)
every square inch of carpet came up
(and the 500, 000 staples holding it down-thanks so some dear friends for joining us for a staple pulling date long into the night)
The granite tile counter-tops were demolished, including the island "pony bar".
The granite was installed.
(The granite was so hard to choose, and so we were thrilled when we found these beautiful 3cm slabs)
I knew the first time I saw this that this wall would have to go.
I was so happy to hear it wasn't load bearing and it could go!!
Details all along the way, adding more can lights, moving light switches, drywall repair, etc. etc.
The cabinets were sanded and painted (nine coats in total) and turned out amazing!
The cabinet guy built me a cabinet from a pinterest picture I showed him for over my desk,
added beautiful "under cabinet" lighting, and I love it!!
A fabulous painter painted the entire house, what a huge job that was!
But paint makes SUCH a difference.
We love our color, Sherwin Williams Accessible Beige.
Of course, then the sinks, faucets, plumbing, appliances, etc. etc.
Here was the kitchen the day we moved in.
That was Saturday.
Monday the flooring installation began...
Loving it!
And now with all the appliances in, knobs on, but still missing our back splash, hanging island lights, and a few other details...here is my kitchen today (December 4th).
I love how it turned out!
Moving day (so grateful to Tyler's parents, my sister, and wonderful friends for their AMAZING help)
and upstairs before and after pics...still to come!
One last look (via camera phone)























Wow, what a gorgeous remodel! Thanks for sharing the details. I can't wait to see the rest of the house :)
ReplyDeleteAmazing what a little elbow grease does for a run down place! Love, love, love it! Love to all!
ReplyDeletelove it!!
ReplyDeleteYou need to tell me what your paint color is! Love it!
ReplyDeleteThe floors are absolutely beautiful!
ReplyDeleteAmazing! Love it!
ReplyDeleteBEAUTIFUL!! Congratulations, Rachelle!
ReplyDeleteLove it! It looks great!
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteBEAUTIFUL1111
It looks so nice. I am so thrilled for you. cant wait to see it,. Love GMA
Congratulations on your new home!! Ty's mom and dad told us a little bit about it. I think they were more excited than you. So proud of you and your awesome family. What a wonderful bunch!!
ReplyDeleteCome see us when you're in town!
TH
Looks beautiful.Can't wait to see it in person. You have lots of talents and making a house a home is one of them. Congratulations, to a job well done. I also appreciate all the help you received from friends and family. Wish I could have been there to help.
ReplyDeleteI am happy that so many of your prayers were/are answered.Love to all, MOM
LOOKS AMAZING!!!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!!! IT COULD BE IN A HOME SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSURE LOVE YOU GUYS!!!!!! LOVE, KRISTIN
Wow! You are amazingly talented!! I love your taste in colors and designs for your new home! Soo happy for you and your family! We've been looking right now and hoping something will pop up that we can call our own! Excited for you!
ReplyDeleteRachelle! Ah-mazing! 675 tiles, 9 coats on the cupboards! (and all that AFTER the waiting and the offers) All so worthwhile, it is completely gorgeous. Soo fun to see the results!
ReplyDeletep.s.
Merry Christmas!!