With a 5:30 start time, a 4:30 show up time and a two hour drive, we were up and on the road EARLY!
I was excited to be runner #1 this year, not as in the #1 runner, but the first runner on my team.
This meant I got to run across the Golden Gate Bridge, super exciting and something that's been on my bucket list. After running along the water front, up a few hundred steps (where is was very dark and I screamed loud enough to wake the entire city as a non-Ragnar runner came up behind me), I was thrilled to hit the bridge in full stride and enjoy the experience!

Here's a few girls from my team, Rebecca (who I run with almost daily), Brittany (my darling friend from Ripon) and Cinda (who I just met this trip and quickly loved). Not in this shot is Paige (whom I have admired and loved for a few years...can you say SUPER woman?) and Margo (a new friend also). Really our team was awesome as these women are fabulous!!!
My opinion is that one's entire Ragnar experience will largely be based on the six women in your van with whom you will spend many tired, sweaty moments with...and these ladies ROCKED!! We laughed, we cried, we discussed politics and religion, parenting techniques, and plenty of girls stuff. I left feeling motivated and uplifted by these women, how blessed I am!
After our first leg we got to our hotel, showered and rested. Not all of us rested this cozily!! Ha!ha!
![]() |
| Napa is just GORGEOUS!! Here we are doing what we did most of the time...laugh at our crazy (and WELL loved) teammate, Paige. She is a hoot! |
Crossing the finish line!
YAHOO!!
One last parting pic...the porta potties we have a love/hate relationship with.
Till next year...another fun Ragnar experience with a fabulous team!











No comments:
Post a Comment