Just wanted to capture a few details and add a few additional, random things that have been going on around here. I have done a few photos shoots and needed to check the location and lighting, my girls always jump in my car (no special outfits here, just good ole school clothes) and volunteer to be my models!
We had our annual school Jog-a-thon fundraiser. It's always fun to cheer the kids along and I loved watching my older two be so excited to run a few laps with the girls.
We thought it would be fun to surprise Tyler and do a little makeover to his work cubicle.
I secretly printed all new, recent photographs and we filled his frames. The kids were super excited to add some new artwork to the very plain dividers. He loved it!
Here are a few of the drawings the kids did. At HP there are things like large "EMPOWER" towers. Hmmm, maybe I should get a few of these?!
What would HP's Bill and Dave think about this? A computer tablet so small kids can hover around it on the floor, without cords, with the world at their fingertips? WOW!! Now, what would Bill and Dave think about Angry Birds?! :)
Aubrey was chosen as one of two fifth graders to be on her school's Student Council.
Along with letters of recommendations from her current and last year's teacher,
Along with letters of recommendations from her current and last year's teacher,
here is the cute letter she used to apply with.
Andrew is enjoying both soccer and flag football this fall. He scored a touchdown this month with a 60 yard run that his coach called "a blur of red"! Soccer and football pics coming in a future post!
Andrew and I have been enjoying our time together working on scouts. I am now the Cub Scout Committee Chair and am learning more and more about the scouting program. It really is an awesome program for our boys to be excited about and busy with. We went bowling this week and the nice manager (previous Eagle scout) took us for an great tour. He showed the boys the machines in the back and how they work, what the inside of a pin looks like, how they clean and maintain the lanes, how the camera reads the speed and pin placement, and a bunch of other cool stuff. They loved it (and frankly I enjoyed it too)!
Katelyn and Megan are doing great in school and soccer. They both seem to enjoy a little space during the day in separate classes, but play together every recess. They both complete their homework as fast as they can when they get home, enjoying it being done. Megan was Student of the Week last week and I'm not exaggerating when I say that she and her sisters spent HOURS on this poster. Possibly, even three or four. Yes, it's complete with lots of Martha Stewart, extra sparkly glitter!
She also got to take home Scaredy, The Squirrel for the week. He is scared of everything, but seemed to enjoy our family very much, sleeping every night in Megan's arms.
She also got to take home Scaredy, The Squirrel for the week. He is scared of everything, but seemed to enjoy our family very much, sleeping every night in Megan's arms.
Matthew stays busy hanging out with me all day. We do lots of play-dough, puzzles, and reading.
He loves to do the dishes with me and ALL the bubbles he can make. He loves it when "the kids" get home from school. He has a small play-group once a week and enjoys that a lot. Today he was calling to the other 2 and 3 year olds (as if he was on, his current favorite show "Jake and the Neverland Pirates"), "Come on Matey's". He is such a joy to be around. His favorite little friend, who he tells everyone he is going to marry, this cute Lindsay, is always a welcome play date. This is how I found them dancing this week, so darling!
He loves to do the dishes with me and ALL the bubbles he can make. He loves it when "the kids" get home from school. He has a small play-group once a week and enjoys that a lot. Today he was calling to the other 2 and 3 year olds (as if he was on, his current favorite show "Jake and the Neverland Pirates"), "Come on Matey's". He is such a joy to be around. His favorite little friend, who he tells everyone he is going to marry, this cute Lindsay, is always a welcome play date. This is how I found them dancing this week, so darling!













I LOVE THIS BLOG!!!!1 It makes me feel like I am right there watching you all grow up!!!!! I so wish I lived closer! Love the pictures! GLAD you are ALL doing so well in school, soccer, scouts, etc....Love you ALL!!! Have a GREAT WEEK! :)
ReplyDeleteLove the random 'what's been going on' type stuff. You take great photos. I have a semi-decent camera, I really need to figure out how to use it!
ReplyDeleteAnd VERY cool your daughter was 11 on the 11th. My daughter was 12 on the 12th last year. I love 'golden' birthdays!
I love your blog! It is fun to read and makes me want to go back and re-do mine! lol! Thanks for sharing the pixs for scouts. It is so fun being in scouts with you. I also love your family pictures--you are definitely one talented photographer! I was wondering who took your family pictures btw? I love the setting (the truck and fence) ... so unique! LOVE IT!! :)
ReplyDeleteWho are those cute gobblins on your front door step? Cute, Cute, Cute! Love the practice photo shoot of the girls. And love the up-date on all the kids. Boy, just where does the time go? Good work kids on your homework assignments. And congratulations Aubry for getting on student counsel. Love to all!
ReplyDelete