Our weekend was perfect.
A day to PLAY (Saturday), a day to rest (Sunday), and a day to work (Monday)!
We spent the day Saturday with some friends from church, who our husbands all work together in their callings. It was an hour drive and absolutely beautiful! This is my friend's parent's home, isn't it gorgeous! It's actually only a two bedroom and a den, but set up perfectly with large gathering areas for conversations, games, and sleeping hundreds dozens of grand kids!
They have a great lake surrounded a huge grass area where we set up quite the spread for lunch.
The kids swam, squirted each other with water guns, and canoed around for hours.
The kids swam, squirted each other with water guns, and canoed around for hours.
We took a break from the water and enjoyed a very tall rope swing.
As in, so tall, I SCREAMED at the top of my lungs those first few seconds until I regained my stomach! The kids, however, loved EVERY second and did it as many times as they could!!
As in, so tall, I SCREAMED at the top of my lungs those first few seconds until I regained my stomach! The kids, however, loved EVERY second and did it as many times as they could!!
It was challenging light in the trees and these kids were flying by, (and I know it's blurry) but I think it's kind of a "cool" effect with the trees, but I especially LOVE my Andrew and Katelyn's grin from ear to ear!! These are the moments, kids need more of in their lives. Total exhilaration and joy! Wait, maybe I do too and then I wouldn't scream (at least so loudly)!
Lanea was such a good sport helping all the kids and adults get on and off, plus come to a stop.
Love this friend, Carolyn too. She rescued me from a huge spider headed down my swim suit!
After hours of fun even the "clean up" was fun, because it included rides on this!
Dad to the rescue removing a sliver and we were off, down the mountain.
I had prepared the kids that after such a wonderful day, to gear up for Monday. Tyler and I had a huge list of house projects, both inside and out that needed to be done. The kids were going to be pulling everything out of their closets, dressers, and night stands. It was not exciting stuff, (other than when Aubrey found her lost allowance-filled wallet) but they were really hard workers and good sports. Several bags to give away and a few to throw away = a happy mom.
Now if only every weekend was a three day weekend!!













what fun ... how lucky can you all be to have such a nice place to spend a day. Our day was real boring. you all look like you were having such fun. Even cleaning out your rooms. Love you all. GMA
ReplyDeleteWhat a great weekend with wonderful friends. It looks like you must have had a blast. Love all the laughs and SMILES! Yes, I agree there should be more three day weekends. So fun to read about all the fun things you do. Love to all!
ReplyDeletei LOVE those pics of the rope swing.
ReplyDelete