My current church calling (volunteer responsibility) is serving as the Cub Scouts Wolf Den Leader, working with the eight year old boys. I have been so excited about this because I now have a great excuse and reason to learn the Cub Scouting program AND I get to be with Andrew in scouts. Scouting is like a whole new world. There are hand- shakes and salutes, neckerchiefs and badges, den meetings and pack meetings, beads and belt loops, camps and derbies, uniforms and mottos, flag ceremonies and 8 year old jokes. And there are SERIOUS scouters. Now I too look the part of a serious scouter in my uniform each week. However, right now I am in the “fake it till you make it” stage. I still have so much to learn! But I do know and have always known scouting can be so great for boys. I mean what Mom wouldn’t want her boy to be “trustworthy, loyal, helpful, friendly, courteous, kind, obedient, cheerful, thrifty, brave, clean, and reverent”? I know I do. In fact, I hope scouting is a big part of my two boy lives!
This week Andrew had his first Pinewood Derby. He and Tyler had been working on his car for the last two weeks. Andrew decided he wanted a black, “Batmobile” and that’s just what he got! He and Tyler had a great time working on it together.
It was so fun watching all the boys the night of the big derby. They were so cute running their cars up to the start and then run to the finish line all giddy and hopeful. Here are Katelyn, Megan, and their cute friend, Lucy cheering their brothers on!
After several wins and losses it was determined that there needed to be a “race off” for third place. Andrew’s “batmobile” lost the race off and got officially fourth place. He was still all smiles! What a great night for one of Andrew’s first scout experiences.





Andrew, your car turned out awsome! It was difficult for me to imagine just how it was going to look. It looks great! You and your dad must have had fun making it together. Way to go! Love you!
ReplyDeleteCOOL CAR ANDREW!!!!! What a FUN time...and lots of fun memories! Keep up the good work, scout! :) Love ya!
ReplyDeletewow, that is really cool. I love the emblems.It is super shiny and looks like it must have taken first place for best design!!! Glad you had so much fun. Scouting is the best.So are you! Love , Grandma Prescott
ReplyDelete