A few months ago, Uncle Tim and Aunt Kimberly invited the kids down to watch BYU's International Folk Dance Ensemble show and spend the night at their place. Oh boy, were they excited! They each loaded up their favorite pajamas, precious toys, and sleeping bags and we were off for a fun 23 hours in the Bay area. It was a "big kid" trip as Matthew stayed here with my friend Shannon, (who loves him and wanted to keep him for a little brother for her "baby", five year old).
Here the kids are waiting with all their stuff for Aunt Kimberly and Uncle Tim to arrive, (they were down the hill getting pizza).
Tyler and I enjoyed a nice "kid-free" night in the city. We took the Bart under the bay (first time I'd done this under water ride) and dropped our stuff at the Marriot at Fisherman's Warf (gotta love priceline.com).We then rode the cable car down to Union Square. I gotta say I've ridden the cable car many times, but always with kids on my lap. This time I rode hanging onto the outside the entire trip. The weather was perfect, the view was gorgeous, and of course my company - perfect!!
In fact, here I am making friends with these two girls who were up checking out the city for the first time. Tyler didn't know when he took this photo that they are cracking up because I have NO CLUE where the "happening" part of town is. You know, where they could head for some music and drinks?!?! Yah, pretty much clueless!
Tyler and I had a wonderful dinner on the top of the Macy's building in Union Square, where Cheesecake Factory has an restaurant complete with an outside eating area. We haven't done this since our ten year anniversary so it was a nice treat!
The next morning, we slept in (not a big deal if you don't have five kids, of which three arise every morning at 6:30 a.m.) and woke to a phone call at 8:45. Ahh, that felt so good! We had a yummy breakfast at Boudin's, who knew they offer such a fantastic breakfast spread?
I love a good breakfast and this cinnamon, sour dough french toast and scrambled eggs with bacon and peppers in a sour dough bowl was great!
I didn't have my big camera, but you can tell what a pretty spot this is.
We enjoyed our morning at the wharf before heading back to get the kids.
Pretending we were in Europe again (with all our public transportation) we took a beautiful, Italian street car back to the Bart station. (Sorry for the sub-par picture).
The kids loved the show, although they said it was long, but especially their time with Tim and Kimberly. They enjoyed a morning walk to get doughnuts, a stop at the park on their way home, games, books, lunch, and lots of love!










Too fun! We just went to the city this weekend...isn't it amazing everytime?! Looks like everyone won with this excursion.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the amazing and uplifting blog! I love you guys and miss you all. It's time for another FHE!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun outing for everyone. We haven't heard from "Timberly" yet, so we don't know their side of the story. But I'm so glad you got the opportunity to spend time with them. You don't know how lucky you are to be able to get away like you do.....what I would have given for a weekend like that when we were raising our kids. Hope you can get together with "Timberly" more often to make some wonderful memories. Love to all!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the info about all the fabric, I will definitely check it out. I think it's great you could enjoy a night out without the kids, I love San Fran!
ReplyDelete