Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Today's list

What I'm grateful for today:
Today I am thankful that Trader Joes peppermint Jo-Jo's cookies are now available. My waist and wallet may or may not thank me later, but oh how I look forward to them each year!

I am thankful that my husband is handy.  Who knew?  I'm telling you single ladies, this is one to ask about, maybe even present a test for (have the guy you're dating fix a broken garbage disposal or hang a photo collage).  He made me this perfect bookshelf over the weekend, (complete with adjustable shelves) and I love it.  It got the final coat of paint, we moved it in from the garage and now all of our children's books are all nicely in one place - hooray!
I am thankful for a healthy body that most days carries me with enough energy to tackle what I desire.

I am thankful for amazing, caring, talented teachers.  I finished today three of four parent-teacher conferences - WOW, my kids are lucky!

I am thankful for vibrant, fall leaves that I am enjoying inside and outside of my house.  We did this fun leaf activity this week.  After our "leaf hunt" ( my kids thought it was such an adventure driving all over town scouting out and then stealing picking the most beautiful, vibrant leaves in town), we went home to dip in paraffin wax and hang as a garland on our fireplace.  The kids each made one for over their beds too, darling!

I am thankful for a wonderful eye doctor, he was so cute with Andrew today.

I am trying to be thankful for the ways I serve my family and my new vinyl helps remind me of this.

I am thankful that some great women step up each year to be soccer mom.  I am always game to help, but it's not a job I can take on completely right now. I'm afraid some other plate that I value more and am trying to spin and balance may come crashing down!

Last, but not least, I am thankful for impromptu freeze dance games with Aubrey on the piano, horse rides on Dad, and Starbucks salted caramel hot chocolate.
 I am thankful.

4 comments:

  1. So cute! I am totally putting that in my idea bucket for when my kids are older. And Jeff is totally obsessed with the salted carmel hot chocolate! He took me to get one and they were out of salt! So I still need to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the leaf garland idea. Does Andrew need glasses? We would enjoy seeing them if he gets to wear them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't know how I missed this blog. You always say things so beautifully! I love how your garland turned out. The colors are so vibrant. There is nothing more thrilling than to see your children play with their children and raising them to be such wonderful kids. I am greatful for the most wonderful Daughter's-in-law. And for the time they allow me to visit to be with my grandchildren. I am greatful for the example they are to me. They have inspired me to be a better person. Thank goodness they are a part of our family! Love to all!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails