I love the beautiful weather, the wonderful friends we are surrounded by, and being two hours from the fun, bustling city of San Fransisco and two hours from the majestic, quiet of Lake Tahoe. This weekend, the fun was closer with it being Gold Rush Days in Sacramento. The Old Sacramento cobble-stone streets are filled with more than 200 tons of dirt to really set the scene.
There were old-fashioned root beer and orange creme samples, canon firing, horse drawn carriages, a tent city, period artifacts, crafts and more! The kids panned for gold and then got to trade it in at the bank for a certificate. Then they could visit several of the merchants to exchange their certificate for items. For example, at the merchant store they got to choose a few marbles and at the Wells Fargo museum they got a cardboard bank with a gold coin. Between that and the gun fighting street drama, the kids were totally entertained!
There were old-fashioned root beer and orange creme samples, canon firing, horse drawn carriages, a tent city, period artifacts, crafts and more! The kids panned for gold and then got to trade it in at the bank for a certificate. Then they could visit several of the merchants to exchange their certificate for items. For example, at the merchant store they got to choose a few marbles and at the Wells Fargo museum they got a cardboard bank with a gold coin. Between that and the gun fighting street drama, the kids were totally entertained!









That looks awesome! I wish I would have known about that! Next year! Your kids are always so adorable!
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun day. I don't remember anything like that when we lived there. Oh how things change. Cute pictures of the kids. Miss you all. Love GMA
ReplyDeleteWhat cute kids! They must have spectacular grandparents!!!!!! How fun for them to experience those gold rush days. I have always enjoyed going into Sacramento but I'm sure with all the goings on, it's even more enjoyable. Love to all!
ReplyDelete