Earlier this week we had a
small amount of snow here and the news was ALL over it! I mean it was a big deal. We have only had snow at our house (250 feet above sea level) twice in the nine years we have lived here. But it's the temperature that makes me laugh. We are all freezing here and it's been in the 20's. The news reporter by definition called it "extreme" as it is so far out of our normal range.
However, I got this email from my Mom which really puts our weather into perspective and makes me a little nervous for my little "California wimps" over Christmas break!
Hi. when you prepare to come to the cold and frigid ----- think about the oil in your car and if it is good for below freezing weather. it is 2 degrees today with wind-chill added ---it is -12.
just a thought. Love ya, mom
YEAH it is officially cold....Cali was right all those years..."YOUR nose hairs freeze in Idaho!" DRESS WARM! It will be so FUN!
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure what to say about that. WHo would EVER think about the oil in their car freezing. I'll send warm thoughts your way...not that it'll do any good!!!
ReplyDeleteOh BRRRR!! After living in Michigan for almost 5 years I have decided I would much rather live somewhere where it gets too hot than too cold. Easier to deal with! Again, BRRR!
ReplyDelete