Wednesday, November 25, 2009

What are YOU thankful for?

We spent an evening last week making our annual Thankful Trees.  We have made these every year for probably the last five and I'm always surprised how much the kids look forward to it.  In addition, I'm usually pleasantly surprised at what they are grateful for.




Now, just to keep it real this was in the same family home evening that began with an item for family council where "they" (led by older two of course) came to us with a "Declaration of Independence".  It was more like "our list of complaints".  Tyler and I had to bite our tongues to not laugh out loud!

We worked through each of those issues and were then onto our lesson and making our trees, where almost all of them listed their house as a blessing.  I mean really who needs stairs and a pool?  Ha! Ha!

Did you see this YouTube video?  In the Spirit of Thanksgiving...

We have so much to be grateful for!  Have a Happy Thanksgiving!!

3 comments:

  1. I love the last one, no pool or stairs! That is such a kid thing. Looks like a fun family night!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Cute!!! :D I love childrens responses to things. hehe. Just warms and tickles my heart. Your new blog is SUPER cute! Love the banner you guys made and the Thanks giving trees are such a GREAT idea! I had never seen the video w/ Elder Oaks before. It was really good! Hope you enjoy a beautiful, love & thanks filled thanks giving!
    Hugs,
    The Andersons

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hear ye, hear ye...oh man, what funny kids. They've got it pretty good with no stairs. I always hated coming up the stairs from the basement because there were scary guys on my heels (or so I imagined). I do understand their complaint about the pool, but did they not get enough swimming all summer?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails